Caversham Underwater Hockey Club Info
Underwater Hockey (Octopush) Clubs and Team Information 2016 UK
Introduction To Caversham Underwater Hockey Club
- For those of you who are new to Octopush / Underwater Hockey, or have found this page by accident while looking for a new and exciting water sport to try.
- We provide players in the Henley (Oxfordshire), Caversham, Newbury and Reading (Berkshire) areas with the opportunity to try this exciting 3D underwater sport.
- To play the game of Underwater Hockey you need a mask, snorkel, fins (flippers), protective glove, a small stick and a lead puck.
- So if you looking for the ultimate keep fit sport (swimming with a purpose) then come along and have a go.
- We can help you out with all the snorkelling equipment until you are sure you like the game.
- All you need to bring is your swimwear and a pair of old socks.
- Most of us will be found unwinding after a match or a club night session in a nearby pub !!
- Underwater hockey is probably one of the most exciting sports that you can play.
- We provide swimmers, divers, water polo and beginners the chance to try this exciting team water sport.
- It gives you the 3D sense of floating through air... even though you are underwater.
Caversham Underwater Hockey - Give it a try
- Queen Annes School Swimming Pool
- Tuesdays 20:45-22:00 (Every week)
- Thursdays 20:45-22:00 (Every week) - best session for newbies
- Diving Mask - Preferably with two seperate lenses
- Snorkel - allow quick breaths to be taken
- Pool Fins - Fast flexible fins for maximun manoeuvrability
- Swimming costume / Trunks
- Pusher - Short Stick allowing puck to be flicked
- Puck - lead puck coated in rubber and teflon style discs allowing passes of several metres
- Old Socks - prevents fins rubbing
- Old Glove - prevents tiles rubbing knuckles
- Gulley - two long goals
Facebook - Underwater Hockey Cavershams Wild Side 2016